[Kalzium] SoC for KDE (3D-feature)

Jos van den Oever jos at vandenoever.info
Wed Mar 21 14:09:07 CET 2007

Since there are apparently so many applicants, I'd like to suggest
antother very useful project:
 evaluating different index backends for Strigi.
Strigi can use different backends and this allows us to compare different
backends. We are still looking for the best backend that can be fast,
create a small footprint and can combine sql queries with fulltext
search. If you are interested in this project drop me a line and I can
help you write a proposal. Since improving this functionality will
benefit KDE4 as a whole, it would have a good chance of being accepted.

Some backends to compare are: CLucene, Lucene, sqlite, sqlite+clucene,
headless mysql, qdbm+sqlite, hyperestraier. Of course, you're supposed
to test all of them.

In addition, a project that would adapt these indexes to be able to do
simple sparql queries would also be an excellent project.

Cheers,
Jos