[Kalzium] Request for considering my application to participate in Google Summer of Code with 3D Molecular Editor as the Project

Benoît Jacob jacob at math.jussieu.fr
Mon Mar 19 09:37:47 CET 2007

Hi,

Thanks for applying!

For your information, with you, there are three applicants for the 3D
Molecular editor SoC project.

If you want to familiarize yourself with what's going on, I suggest that you
checkout the avogadro project and subscribe to the list
avogadro-devel at lists.sourceforge.net. You can also chat with us on #avogadro
on Freenode.

Avogadro is where all the effort is currently going. It provides a library,
libavogadro, to which we're aiming to port Kalzium. Most of the code from
Kalzium's current 3D viewer is getting moved to libavogadro and to avogadro
plugins.

Cheers,
Benoit