[Kalzium] Molecular Viewer Bug

Johannes Simon johannes.simon at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 22:51:32 CEST 2007

Hi!

> 1) in Kalzium, change the Style and Quality. Does it affect the bug?
Nope.
> 2) load the same molecule file in Avogadro (the app). Does it work
(you
> seem to say so but please just confirm) or can you see the bug there
too?
> If it works in Avogadro, you can be assured that it will work in
Kalzium
> 4.1 automatically as it will use libavogadro directly.
Yes, it works perfectly there. If it will work in Kalzium 4.1, that's
fine. But I think we should fix this bug even if it won't matter in 4.1
anymore, as it will be shipped with the first release of KDE 4.
> 3) disable all kind of 3D acceleration, to test whether it's a driver
> issue. One way to do that is to edit your xorg.conf
> to use the "vesa" driver. Another way, if you're using
> Debian/Ubuntu/Kubuntu, is to install the libmesa-swx11 package, which
will
> install a software-only implementation of OpenGL.
Since the "vesa" driver doesn't work for my ATI graphics card, I used
the "radeon" driver instead,
which didn't change anything. Normally I use the latest "fglrx" driver.
> Can you also tell us:
> - OS/ distribution
> - graphics hardware
> - driver used (grep Driver /etc/X11/xorg.conf)
- Ubuntu Feisty Fawn
- ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 (which basically is a Radeon Xpress 200M)
- fglrx/radeon

> If you're
> looking for a job in the 3D-part of Kalzium, then you're really more
> interested in contributing in (lib)Avogadro than in kalzium.
For now, I'm more interested in Kalzium development, even if those two
projects overlap, but I might take a look at libavogadro itself in the
near future ;)

Joh