[Kalzium] CMake check for OpenBabel

Geoffrey Hutchison geoff at geoffhutchison.net
Wed Sep 6 13:49:15 CEST 2006

On Sep 6, 2006, at 3:27 AM, Carsten Niehaus wrote:

> ARGS --atleast-version=2.1.0 openbabel-2.0 RETURN_VALUE _return_VALUE
> OUTPUT_VARIABLE _pkgconfigDevNull )
>
> I do think that this is because OpenBabel 2.1 id's itself as 2.0.

No, it does not. Right now, it claims to be 2.1.0b1. I'd recommend
that as the --atleast setting. There is no 2.1.0 release yet, so no
one will fulfill this request.

Do I regret using "openbabel-2.0" rather than "openbabel-2" as the
pkg-config filename? Yes, although that was recommended by Jean
Brefort on the basis of what GNOME does.

Open Babel 2.1 is library compatible with 2.0. It *must* return OK if
someone asks pkgconfig for openbabel-2.0. This is correct behavior.

(BTW, Open Babel 3 will certainly call itself openbabel-3 so people
don't wonder about 3.1, 3.2...)
-Geoff