[Kalzium] Wikipedia and Blue Obelisk

Carsten Niehaus CNiehaus at gmx.de
Fri Oct 13 09:51:41 CEST 2006

Moin

In CC Kalzium's mailinglist with Jörg Buchwald. Jörg, please read this mail :-)

> now so it's easy to transfer information between us.  Being an organic
> chemist myself, I want to see chemical structures carrying chemical
> metadata (instead of being flat GIF files) or at least a tag (perhaps the
> InChI?), but we need a standard format for how that's done - maybe what's
> planned at http://wwmm-svc.ch.cam.ac.uk/wwmm/html/    Do you use something
> like that in your database of 230 compounds?

Our 200+ compounds are generated from SMILES, then processed by Monte Carlo, then started in either .cml or .mol. AFAIK mol can be transfered to cml and vice versa.

> If we can agree on formats
> for data, we can hopefully transfer data between us much more easily.   I
> have contacts now with some chemical publishers, and might be able to
> persuade them to use the same format.  Then we're really rolling!

I guess cml2 would be a good choice, right?

> BTW, I know that the WikiProject Isotopes group added in a huge amount of
> isotopic data into the English Wikipedia, for example see
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotopes_of_samarium  The references are
> given
> at the bottom of each page.  Would these data be usable at BO? User:Femto
> has done a lot of work with the elements pages.

Jörg, could you comment on this?

Carsten