[Kalzium] Can I read these CML-properties in OB 2.1?

Carsten Niehaus cniehaus at gmx.de
Fri Nov 17 19:36:12 CET 2006

Moin moin

In BlueObelsik [1], there are about 500 CML-files. In my project Kalzium [2] I
am now working on a frontend to these files which is similar to this example
If you look at the cml-xml of these files (for example like in [3]) you'll
notice very important properties like the meltingpoint

   <property dictRef="cml:mpt" title="melting point">
    <scalar dataType="xsd:decimal" errorValue="2.0" dictRef="cml:mpt"

or the InChI-ID

 <identifier version="InChI/1">

After grepping OpenBabels code (todays svn/trunk) I found no way to read these
properties. So the only way around this seems to be to write a XML-parser
myself. As these Properties are at least in part in the cml:: namespace they
are kind of "official", I think. Not sure about the InChI/1-ID, though.

Is this out of scope for OB? Or just a lack of manpower and it will come when
somebody is willing to do it?

[1] -- http://wiki.cubic.uni-koeln.de/bowiki/index.php/Main_Page
[2] -- http://edu.kde.org/kalzium/index.php
[3] --