[Kalzium] Kalzium Digest, Vol 11, Issue 5

Carsten Niehaus cniehaus at gmx.de
Wed May 10 22:26:51 CEST 2006

Am Mittwoch 10 Mai 2006 22:08 schrieb Tuomas Nurmi:
> kalzium-request at kde.org kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika Wednesday 10 May
>
> 2006 13:00):
> > Hello - You would need to enter into a license agreement, paying a
> > one-time lump-sum payment for unlimited distribution.
>
> <obvious>To start with, we need to see that licence agreement in order to
> know what exactly they mean by "unlimited distribution"...</obvious>
>
> So, how much is needed for the collection?-)

Well, I won't pay any money for scientific data. At least in germany,
scientific facts cannot be copyrighted (example, the fact that Hydrogen
weights 1.0079u cannot be 'owed' or copyrighted).
I asked them to give me a writte permission for something like hand out for
free via their webpage. I could write an easy shellscript to grab all of
their data, for example.
I will just keep the data out of Kalzium. If I wouldn't Kalzium would probably
even become Debian-non-free.

--
Gruß,
  Carsten Niehaus