[Kalzium] I just asked the NIST for spectroscopic data

Carsten Niehaus cniehaus at gmx.de
Fri May 5 20:11:58 CEST 2006

As I couldn't CC (I was using a webform) I just copy&pasted the text:

Hello

I am the lead developer of Kalzium, a periodic table of the elements for
UNIX-operating systems (http://edu.kde.org). I would love to use you data for
a spectrum-viewer. I am interested in emission and absorption-data of the
elements.
I cannot find a copyright-statement for the data nor a download of your data.

I would like to ask you to answer my questions:
1. May I use your data in my application, if so under which conditions.
2. If I may use the data, would it be possible to hand me the data so that I
wouldn't need to convert your html-output into an xml format.

Thank you for your time!

Greetings,
  Carsten Niehaus