[Kalzium] [Kreative3d] Linear algebra library

Paul Koshevoy paul at aragog.com
Thu Jul 27 17:49:55 CEST 2006

Inge Wallin wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 July 2006 20.41, Benoît Jacob wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> after receiving many suggestions, especially in comments on Carsten's blog,
>> and also googling a lot, I evaluated several linear algebra packages, and
>> my feeling is that we should use GSL, the GNU Scientific Library:
>>
>> http://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/
>>

> After a length discussion on IRC, where size considerations were raised over
> GSL, ublas, and other comprehensive, but big libraries, it was decided to
> look into actually including a small library into the apps.  An alternative
> would be to try to get it into kdelibs or even Qt, but that is a longer term
> venture.

I didn't participate in the IRC discussions, so I don't know whether VXL
was mentioned. It's a pretty comprehensive library:
http://vxl.sourceforge.net/

The relevant component is vnl -- the numerics library:
http://paine.wiau.man.ac.uk/pub/doc_vxl/core/vnl/html/index.html

It's used by the ITK, that's how I know of it.

    Paul.