[Kalzium] Proposal concerning translations

Tuomas Nurmi iltunu at utu.fi
Wed Apr 12 12:05:47 CEST 2006

Hi!

To start with, I love playing around with kalzium. There's just one wish on my
wishlist , and I put it in the very end..

I've been translating Kalzium into Finnish, and noticed, that there are
essentially three different kinds of information in the file:

1) UI-related
2) Information about elements
3) Glossary

While it is important that all these are translated, I wonder if it would be
pointful to separate these into different files - maybe even different
package (kalzium-data or something). It would ease the translation work by
splitting the task into logical subtasks.

As a related note:

"Origin of the name" sometimes is better understood as "origin of the symbol.
Also, I think there is an outright error here:

"Origin of the name: Greek 'protos' for 'ancester'. Protactinium is before
Actinium in the periodic table."

As Protactinium IS NOT before Actinium in the PTE, but after it - instead it
decays to Actinium by Alpha-decay. (I thought there were some other minor
things as well, but not sure right now.)

Anyhow, I think that if the data was in different file/package, it would ease
writing more data (like history & usage of the material) and translate it as
well.

And finally - why not extend Kalzium into more than just elements - the first
step has been taken with the equation solver. I believe it has a promising
future as an edutainment app about chemical compounds and reactions as
well :-)

--
Vivere necesse est, navigare non est necesse.
		Tuomas Nurmi