[k3b] k3b burning error (codes 254 or 255)

Peter Petky ptg76 at ukr.net
Wed Sep 28 17:06:47 UTC 2011

 Hello everybody!..

   First I want to introduce myself: I'm Peter Petky jr. from Uzhhorod,
   Ukraine.
   So, the reason why I decided to send you an e-mail with attached debug
   log from k3b,
   is the situation that I have no idea what to do.

   On Internet I found the information, that setting permission 0666 with
   chmod on /dev/cdrom,cdrw,dvdrw and so on will solve the problem. So it
   didn't worked.

   Another advice was to edit two config-files:
   /lib/udev/rules.d/75-cd-aliases-generator.rules
   and /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-cd.rules
   the idea of changes
   ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="block", ENV{ID_CDROM}=="?*",
   ENV{GENERATED}!="?*", PROGRAM="write_cd_rules", SYMLINK+="%c",
   MODE="0666"

   So, it worked for some time, but now it doesn't work.

   Please, if you can, give me an advise.

   Peter.