[k3b] Edit track CDDB fields by single click - not possible anymore?

Manuel Meyer meyer.manuel.k at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 10 01:02:13 UTC 2010

Hello,

K3b was my favourite tool for ripping audio CDs until I had to use
windows for a few months. Now that I'm back on archlinux, I wanted to
use K3b to rip some new CDs. But some behaviour was strange:

I am 99% sure that in all the versions I used, it was just as simple
as clicking (or maybe double clicking) into one of the fields to
change it. For example:
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/8385/k3b1.png
Back then, I was able to just click on the "Title" field of e.g. the
song "Memories" and change it to "Memories (Album Version)" or so.
With the current release (see image), I have to right click, select
"Edit Track CDDB Info", change it, and then click OK. And that for
each song I want to change. Am I getting Alzheimer of was this
behaviour not different in earlier versions?

I also thought that I was able to enter more ID3/CDDB information than now...

Maybe you can also give me a recommendation what would be a good
alternative for audio CD ripping using arch + KDE. (I don't like the
audiocd:/ method using Dolphin or so, since I'm not sure how to change
track info easily for that...). As I am using fetched CDDB  info only
as a base for customizing the track info to my wishes, an easy way to
change certain fields is very important for me. :-/

Thanks for K3b - a really awesome tool - and the help I might get. :)

Manuel