[k3b] What happens after 2.0

Markus kamikazow at web.de
Fri Mar 19 21:02:02 UTC 2010

Am Freitag 19 März 2010 08:59:37 schrieb Sebastian Trueg:

> I am against allowing to build packages from svn.

We can't forbid it. It's all FOSS. ;-)

> Frequent bugfix
> releases are the better choice. And those will be more frequent since
> nothing will be as much work as the port from kde3 to kde4.

Yeah, a handful of bugfix releases is probably possible but considering that
there are also commercial distros with a support cycle of 7 years (SUSE
Enterprise Desktop comes to mind), there should be a centralized place where
those can build packages from.

I mean, it's just adapting the KDE SC policy to K3b and distributors do their
own beta test anyway -- even ifpackages are built from a "stable" repo.