[Inqlude] QML Modules

Alan Alpert 416365416c at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 05:04:49 UTC 2015

Hi,

Pursuant to a discussion with Cornelius at the Qt Contributors summit,
here's an example of a QML only module:

https://github.com/416365416c/aalperts-automatons/tree/master/Qt.labs.particles.2

Possibly it would need to be it's own git repository to fit in nicely
with inqlude, I just have a bad habit of space efficiency. But the
point is that folder contains a complete QML-only module which has
some plausible value (It's a wrapper around QtQuick.Particles to be
API compatible with Qt.labs.particles).

Note that for tooling use it might be an idea to auto-generate a
qml-module.pro which will just install the plugin to QT_INSTALL_QML so
that qmake && make && make install works even for pure QML modules.

I have a few more QML modules on github, which I probably should split
out (if necessary) and submit to inqlude. The biggest one would be
https://github.com/416365416c/qt-qml-demo-playground/tree/master/wordgame
. But the rest all have C++ components and so should be treated as any
other Qt-based library (including build requirements, and they have
their own .pro file already). So they should be fully featured with
inqlude's existing functionality.

--
Alan Alpert