Sideloading apps on iOS

Timothée Giet animtim at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 11:43:03 GMT 2024

Hi,

Sadly, that is not the only blocker to allow distributing an iOS version
of GCompris.
First, the way they "comply" to the rule is still very convoluted in
many ways, and specific to EU countries, so I doubt that point is
actually solved for us.
Second, as far as I know, in any case building an iOS package requires
to embed some proprietary components inside the package, which is also
not compatible with our license.
Third, there might be other blockers, but we won't investigate further
as long as the 2 previous points are still valid.

Regards,

Timothée