Gcompris apps on web?

Timothée Giet animtim at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 20:02:11 GMT 2022

Hi Jurgis,

This topic has already been discussed a few times, last time was in
March 2020 on this list. You can read the discussion on the archives
starting from here:
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/gcompris-devel/2020-March/005784.html

To summarize the most important points:

- There was an attempt to port some activities to HTML+JS before the
start of the new Qt-based version, but this experiment shown us that
porting to QtQuick was much more appropriate for performance and
maintainability reasons.

- About Qt on WebAssembly, last time I checked there was some modules
required by GCompris which were not supported. I didn't check the
current situation about this, but still I'm expecting it would require
quite some refactoring specifically to make it work properly on the web.

- On the "Eco" side, making it as a web app would be much worse for
various reasons.

Regards,

Timothée