Gcompris and Ubuntu issues

Timothée Giet animtim at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 18:58:39 BST 2022

Hi Michelle,

I couldn't reproduce this issue in a VM with a fresh ubuntu 22.04, so I
hope the instructions provided by Johnny will help you.

By the way, note for reference on the topic: as Ubuntu 22.04 is using
wayland by default, I was wondering if that could be related to this
issue. I've noticed that by default gcompris (installed with apt) runs
on XWayland. It can run on wayland directly by installing manually
qtwayland5 and doing export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland . Then it also runs
fine, just our custom-cursor is loaded only if gcompris is set
fullscreen and after hovering a clickable item (before that it's a
generic white cursor, and if it's in window mode it always keeps this
white cursor).

Cheers,

Timothée