String freeze for GCompris release 2.0

Timothée Giet animtim at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 10:09:19 GMT 2022

Hi Franklin,

I'll answer each point below.

Le 14/11/2021 à 13:47, Franklin Weng a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> In the activity "Oware" the instruction says:
> "Seeds are not distributed into the end scoring houses, nor into the
> house drawn from.  The starting house is always left empty; if it
> contained 12 (or more) seeds, it is skipped, and the twelfth seed is
> placed in the next house."
>
> * I didn't understand what "Seeds are not distributed into the end
> scoring houses" means.

In physical oware game, usually when capturing seeds players put them in
some special "score-houses", placed on each side of the board. In
GCompris those end-scoring houses are represented by the top score items.

> * "nor into the house drawn from" means the seeds are not distributed
> into the starting house, right?
Exactly.
> * I tried playing this and found that a house may contain more than 12
> seeds (I've seen 14 so far).  Not sure if it is an implementation
> problem or this activity applies a loose rule.

That's correct. A house can contain as many seeds as possible. The
sentence just explains that if there is enough seeds in a house to make
a full turn (that is at least 12), the starting house is always skipped,
so not only when starting distributing the seeds.

> Franklin

Regards,

Timothée