String freeze for GCompris release 2.0

Franklin Weng franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw
Wed Feb 16 08:03:03 GMT 2022

Timothée Giet <animtim at gmail.com> 於 2021年11月14日 週日 下午8:51寫道:

> Hi Franklin,
>
> Thanks for your feedback, I'll answer each point below:
>
> Le 14/11/2021 à 10:24, Franklin Weng a écrit :
> > BTW In Level 11 I didn't know how to "repair" the broken LED.  I
> > didn't find a way to "disconnect it from the circuit".  The
> > descriptions / instructions are not clear enough for me...
>
> This is explained in the manual: "To delete a component or wire, select
> the deletion tool on top of the component selector, and select the
> component or wire.". So, in other words, at the top of the component
> selector, you need to click on the "tools" button (with screwdrivers
> icon) to open the list of "tools", including the deletion tool (the one
> with the big cross).
>
> I'll note it somewhere, we can try to improve this part of the manual
> after the release (as we can't change it now during the string freeze).

Okay, not that intuitive.  And I tried several times before successfully
removing the wire...
Maybe right-clicking a terminal or wire to choose removing would be a
better and more intuitive way.

> >     * In the above situation I didn't know the correct answer... and
> >     users may be stuck there.
> >     * In Level 5 I didn't need to use a connector to pass
> >     (Tutorial5-1.png, Tutorial5-2.png)
> >
> Yes, this is normal. We just explain what is the connector, but we don't
> specifically ask in the question to use one.
>
> Regards,
>
> Timothée

Yeah, I agree.  Just that I still have no idea what a connector is and how
it can / should be used.  Why would one "connect several wires in an
electrical circuit"?
Maybe a demo picture would help here.

Regards, Franklin