KDE Eco | measurement labs | community meetup Fri. 8 Oct. 13:00 CEST

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Thu Sep 30 13:13:19 BST 2021

Hi Johnny, hi all,

On Wednesday, September 29, 2021 8:40:18 PM CEST Johnny Jazeix wrote:
> Hi Joseph,
>
> it will be complicated for Timothée or myself to join but I'll try.

It would be great to have you both!

> If anyone else on the list wants to participate, please don't hesitate, it
> would be really nice to measure the energy GCompris consumes and how to
> improve it!

And everyone else is also welcome :)

> Do you know if the meeting will be recorded/accessible later in case nobody
> can participate?

We will not be recording a video of the meeting, but we will take notes and I
will post a link to them to the GCompris mailing list.

This is one of several meetings to plan for a measurement lab, and I will make
certain to let this list know about the next meeting(s). Perhaps of interest:
We hope to organize a Sprint (likely Jan. 2022) to get a lab set up and do a
measure-athon, including GCompris.

And to add: We are also discussing other ways to measure the energy efficiency
of software, including CPU usage, which would be easier since no lab is
necessary -- but at the moment those measurements would not be enough to
obtain Blauer Engel eco-certification.

Hope to meet some of you next Friday 8 Oct. at 13:00 CEST! Be in touch if you
have questions or comments.

Cheers,
Joseph

P.s. Here are the minutes and presentation from the last community meetup:

  https://invent.kde.org/joseph/be4foss/-/tree/master/community-meetups

---
Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss
BE4FOSS Project and Community Manager (KDE Eco)