String freeze for GCompris release 2.0

Timothée Giet animtim at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 12:49:59 GMT 2021

Hi Franklin,

Thanks for your feedback, I'll answer each point below:

Le 14/11/2021 à 10:24, Franklin Weng a écrit :
> BTW In Level 11 I didn't know how to "repair" the broken LED.  I
> didn't find a way to "disconnect it from the circuit".  The
> descriptions / instructions are not clear enough for me...

This is explained in the manual: "To delete a component or wire, select
the deletion tool on top of the component selector, and select the
component or wire.". So, in other words, at the top of the component
selector, you need to click on the "tools" button (with screwdrivers
icon) to open the list of "tools", including the deletion tool (the one
with the big cross).

I'll note it somewhere, we can try to improve this part of the manual
after the release (as we can't change it now during the string freeze).

>     In the activity "Analog electricity" I found some problems:
>
>     In the tutorial mode,
>     * Level 7 I should have met the requirement (light with 5V,
>     Tutorial7-1.png) but was judged as wrong (Tutorial7-2.png)
>     * Level 8 I should have met the requirement (Tutorial8-1.png) but
>     was judged as wrong (Tutorial8-2.png)

These two are indeed bugs, I'll look with the activity author to fix them.

>     * In the above situation I didn't know the correct answer... and
>     users may be stuck there.
>     * In Level 5 I didn't need to use a connector to pass
>     (Tutorial5-1.png, Tutorial5-2.png)

Yes, this is normal. We just explain what is the connector, but we don't
specifically ask in the question to use one.

Regards,

Timothée