iOS version removed

Timothée Giet animtim at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 20:10:49 BST 2020

Hi,

I would like to inform everyone that GCompris is not available for iOS
anymore.

As apparently, from all the info I could find on the web, the GPL
license is not really compatible with the terms of service of the app
store, I finally disabled the distribution of the iOS version from it to
avoid any trouble. The version of GCompris that was there was quite old
anyway (0.52 from early 2016), and no one in our current team was
working on supporting this platform.

I have removed the corresponding links from the website.

Since, as far as I know, there is no other ways to distribute
applications publicly for this platform, we will probably not provide
iOS versions anymore (unless Apple decides to change their app store
terms of service to fix this incompatibility, but I doubt it will ever
happen).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Timothée