End of GSoC and beginning of GCi

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 07:55:29 BST 2018

Hi,

a bit late, but I'd like to thank Aman and Amit for the summer they did for
GSoC and congratulate them for passing it successfully.
The activities they did are not merged yet as they still need some work but
their states are well advanced and we can hope to have them in one of the
two next releases.
You can find their reports at:
* Aman (who worked on porting musical activities):
https://community.kde.org/GSoC/2018/StatusReports/AmanKumarGupta
* Amit (who worked on porting the animation activity):
https://community.kde.org/GSoC/2018/StatusReports/AmitSagtani

Regarding Google Code In, this year it starts a bit in advance, October
23rd (you can find more information on https://community.kde.org/GCi).
If you have ideas of tasks we can give to these students (between 13 and
17, no translation work included), don't hesitate to ask.
Aman already updated the last page year with new tasks:
https://phabricator.kde.org/T7029
The deadline for KDE application is September 17th.

Also, if you'd like to mentor, please reply to this mail, as the timeline
is quite short (https://developers.google.com/open-source/gci/timeline) and
it would help a lot our org admin to have the info the sooner.