Trying the MacOS build again

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 16:06:07 UTC 2018

Great!

> It’s running, this time WITH images!  I did have to change 1 thing in the
> guide though.  There’s no Plugins folder in the .app bundle so I had to
> make that explicitly for this to work:
>
> cp -R ~/Qt5.9.1/5.9.1/clang_64/plugins/imageformats bin/gcompris-qt.app/Contents/PlugIns/
>

> Otherwise it just put the imageformats plugins in the root of the newly
> made PlugIns folder, instead of making imageformats a folder inside of
> PlugIns, and the executable couldn’t find any images at runtime.

For this one, I guess we'll need to add it in the CMakeLists.txt too, I'll
take a look on how to do it.

> BUT there’re new problems with making the actual package (i.e. deployable):
>
> error: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/
> XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/install_name_tool: can't open file:
> /Users/bjcupps/src/gcompris-0.81/build/_CPack_Packages/
> Darwin/DragNDrop/gcompris-qt-0.90-Darwin/gcompris-qt.app/
> Contents/plugins/mediaservice/libqavfmediaplayer.dylib (No such file or
> directory)
> CMake Error at /Applications/CMake.app/Contents/share/cmake-3.10/
> Modules/BundleUtilities.cmake:879 (message):
>   Command failed:
>
>    'install_name_tool' '-id' '@executable_path/../MacOS/libqavfmediaplayer.dylib'
> '/Users/bjcupps/src/gcompris-0.81/build/_CPack_Packages/
> Darwin/DragNDrop/gcompris-qt-0.90-Darwin/gcompris-qt.app/
> Contents/plugins/mediaservice/libqavfmediaplayer.dylib'
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>   /Applications/CMake.app/Contents/share/cmake-3.10/
> Modules/BundleUtilities.cmake:953 (fixup_bundle_item)
>   /Users/bjcupps/src/gcompris-0.81/build/src/core/FixBundle.cmake:2
> (fixup_bundle)
>   /Users/bjcupps/src/gcompris-0.81/build/src/core/cmake_install.cmake:170
> (include)
>   /Users/bjcupps/src/gcompris-0.81/build/src/cmake_install.cmake:38
> (include)
>   /Users/bjcupps/src/gcompris-0.81/build/cmake_install.cmake:45 (include)
>

> I’ll see if I can remember how/if I resolved that, but it might just be
> about copying more plugins from what it sounds like.

Yes, I think either the plugins have been renamed or changed.
In the Qt folder, there is a folder lib/cmake (I think, I don't have a
complete install for now).You should replace in
https://github.com/gcompris/GCompris-qt/blob/master/src/core/CMakeLists.txt#L119
with the good library names.
I'll check if I can extract the dmg on linux to see the structure of Qt
package.

Thank you,

Johnny