bump of Qt version to 5.9

Bruno Friedmann bruno at ioda-net.ch
Thu Dec 13 14:19:21 GMT 2018

On jeudi, 13 décembre 2018 08.42:45 h CET Johnny Jazeix wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was planning, after the release, to bump the minimal version of required
> Qt to 5.9 as Qt5.6 LTS finishes in March. This way, it would allow us to
> use QtQuick.Controls2 (which were added in 5.7) and potentially improve the
> memory usage.
>
> Does someone see an issue to bump the version? (maybe not available in some
> distributions...?)
>
> Johnny

Hi Johnny, for openSUSE only still active release Leap 42.3 are using 5.6.2
but its support will end up around June.
So, if you bump after the release, I can still build next Gcompris (0.95) on
it.

The others Leap 15.0 is using 5.9.4 (normally I expect next 15.1 to stay on
this)

Tumbleweed is already using 5.11.2

Cheers!

--