Release GCompris 0.81

Bruno Friedmann bruno at ioda-net.ch
Sat Sep 30 16:57:46 UTC 2017

On samedi, 30 septembre 2017 15.38:18 h CEST JAZEIX Johnny wrote:
> Hi,
>
> to complete the answer, the software renderer targets more old computers
> with not updated Windows (or that don't have the drivers up-to-date).
> For the latest openSUSE, I think there is no need of it, we can keep the
> openGL version (we also don't use it for android for example).
>
> Johnny
>
> On 09/30/17 15:06, Timothée Giet wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > No, 5.6 is still the minimum version required officially. Just, only the
> > "normal" version that requires OpenGL is available with it. The software
> > renderer is only available since 5.8, the build flag has no effect
> > before that.
> >
> > And yes, for now the option is only a flag at compile time
> > (-DGRAPHICAL_RENDERER=software or opengl).
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Timothée
> >
> > Le 30/09/2017 à 14:54, Bruno Friedmann a écrit :
> >> Hello, back from SUSECon, I would like to refresh the openSUSE packages
> >> with this new version.
> >>
> >> I'have seen this in changelog

> >> And I wonder I wonder if this statement means we need to have a Qt5.8 for
> >> this version ?
> >>
> >> For example for openSUSE Leap I've Qt5.6 only available, or this new
> >> requirement is only to have the software rendering.
> >>
> >> Also, did the sw_rendering need a the no opengl flag at compile time
> >> or it will be able to grab it on startup (like no opengl, use sw_render)
> >> ?

Thanks for the explanation, so I can commit, and will certainly also do a
maintenance update for Leap 42.3

The software rendering, is still interesting I guess in case of Terminal
service for example, but as don't have a real need for it yet I can bypass
completely.

I've seen that Yast2 the management tool is able to switch from direct opengl
to sw_render if no opengl is found (like for an ssh session)
Perhaps there's an interest also for GCompris, so in one build we have
something that degrade gracefully ? Hey I've don't check the code nor know
what this imply too ;-)) just gratis ideas :-)

--

Bruno Friedmann
 Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch