Completing Multiplication Activity

Amit Sagtani asagtani06 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 13:31:01 UTC 2017

I’d like to complete the “Multiplication Activity” started in
https://github.com/gcompris/GCompris-qt/tree/sok_nitishc_multiplicationtables/
branch.

Task link :-  https://phabricator.kde.org/T5469

Reference :-
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/gcompris-devel/attachments/20160709/d4fa5990/attachment-0001.pdf

As this activity can be used to learn vocable list, chemical abbreviations,
multiplication tables, etc.

I'd like to start activity from scratch and use some of the part from the
current code. I’d also like to rename the activity to
“question_and_answers”(can be changed).

I have planned to implement a menu screen at start of activity as in lang
and categorization activity, with options → multiplication, chemical
abbreviations, etc. Player can select the one of the category and questions
will be asked on that category. A timer and score board will be implemented
to measure the performance.

A configuration option will be provided by which teachers/parents can
select which questions will be asked.

Sample → https://pasteboard.co/GOhNzs8.png
                https://pasteboard.co/GOhNSJh.png

I’ll be glad if anyone can send me more categories and material to add in
the activity. :)

Suggestion regarding improving the activity presentation and concept are
much appreciated.

Regards,
Amit Sagtani(IRC -> amit__)