Participation to Season of KDE

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 13:05:45 UTC 2017

Hi,

as you may know, we initially planned to participate to GCi (less
burden/time consuming...) and skip SoK.

But, the opposite happened, KDE is not participating at GCi this year but
have a SoK event (https://dot.kde.org/2017/11/19/announcing-season-kde-2018)
.

The format is a bit different than previous years, mostly on 2 parts:
* there can be projects of 40 days or 80 days.
* people can work in pair for one project.

Are there people willing to help mentoring (or co-mentor, we can have
multiple mentors for one project)? Please note that mentors need to be
active, it is time consuming and you need to have time to reviews the
proposals, be present to answer the questions, andreview the code (if
possible).

On my side, depending on how many mentors/projects, I would prefer to only
have 40 days projects except if there is a good project that can be done in
80 days (no preference if it is a 1 or 2 people project).

I created a metatask (https://phabricator.kde.org/T7498) to list some of
the tasks we can propose, feel free to add some if you have ideas (I can
create the tasks if you don't have access to phabricator)?