Idea: How to keep the intro voices

JAZEIX Johnny jazeix at gmail.com
Sun May 7 10:30:01 UTC 2017

On 04/25/17 14:14, Antoni Bella Pérez wrote:
> El dimarts, 25 d’abril de 2017, a les 12:49:52 CEST, Fòram na Gàidhlig va
> escriure:
>> When i tried to have multiple text domains in gnome GCompris, I couldn't
>> do it, because strings that I wanted in different textdomains were in
>> the same source file. So, separate string collection wasn't possible.
>>
>> I still think multiple textdomains would be a good idea in general,
>> because GCompris is huge. At least separating the UI from the activities
>> would be good.
>    +1 from Catalan Team
>
>    We use a registry in third person for the GUI, but GCompris, we employ the
> second person when the GUI (all voices) speaks directly to the child.
>
>    At this point, it would be good to make more extensive use of 'msgctxt', so
> that the translator can see it without compiling the source code every time.
>
> title, description, goal, prerequisite, manual, etc.
>
>    See advanced_colors '#. Color #E34234'
>
> # Nota: https://ca.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vermell%C3%B3
> #. Color #E34234
> #: activities/advanced_colors/advanced_colors.js:187
> #: activities/advanced_colors/advanced_colors.js:367
> #: activities/advanced_colors/advanced_colors.js:566
> msgctxt "advanced_colors|"
> msgid "Find the vermilion butterfly"
> msgstr "Troba la papallona vermelló"
>
>    This could be a good solution.
>
>    Regards
>    Toni

Hi,

would a po file like https://paste.kde.org/pjhi7axbe good to follow the
voices?

Regarding the context, I added (for advanced_colors only to test):

#. activity title

#. activity description

#. activity goal

#. activity prerequisite

#. activity manual

is it enough for the activity info (I will apply it to all other
activities if good enough) or should I be more precise? For example, the
activity title being displayed on the menu, it would be good to not have
a too long string.