My plans regarding implementation of Programming shape activity in Qt Quik

Souradeep Barua sourad97 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 23:26:21 UTC 2017

Hi,
Emmanuel Charruau (IRC Nickname: Allon1) asked me how I would implement the
block part in programming shape activity from Qt Point of view. He asked me
to send this to Johnny and other mentors, that's why I am sending this to
the mailing list.

Following is a description. Please let me know if you find this convincing,
or else I would change my proposal.

A mockup of the activity is here : https://youtu.be/ERcfHr7W2ek

The bar on the left side of the answer sheet will be a qml object, which is
a grid view. It has drop points attached to it.
Adding a new block to it will increase the count (Similar to what is done
on AnswerSheet.qml in programming maze).

The loop qml object will have properties like :

repeat:  when the value of it's spin box is changed, editingFinished()
signal is sent. And the corresponding onEditingFinished handler sets this
variable to the spin box value.
statements_count: counts the number of statements attached to it

We use an array to store information about the instructions. If we are
calling it codequeue.

function create_queue() {
    codequeue = []
    for 1 to bar.count:
        if(barmodel.get(index) == normal_statements)
            codequeue.push(normal_statements)
        else if(barmodel.get(index) == loop_object)
        {
            for 1 to loop_object.repeat:
                for 1 to loop_object.statements_count:
                    codequeue.push(normal_statements)
        }
}

When the codequeue is iterated:
function run() {
    if(codequeue[it++] == forward)
        movePenForward()
    else if(codequeue[it++] == turn)
        turnPen()

}

Please let me know as soon as possible, if this seems convincing to you
that it can be finished within the given timeline or else, I would change
my proposal immediately.

Thanks :)
--

*Regards,*

*Souradeep Barua,*

*Computer Science and Engineering Department,*

*Jadavpur University, kolkata*