Queries about SoKDE

JAZEIX Johnny jazeix at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 21:17:09 UTC 2017

On 12/19/17 19:10, Kanav Gupta wrote:
> Hello,
> I recently came to know about Season of KDE and want to participate in
> it. In the Projects Ideas, I saw a project on finishing started
> activities of Gcomprisand would like to work on it. So I have
> following queries related to it.
>
>   * In which part of the project I can work on?
>   * What will be the prerequisites for working on the project?
>   * Any bits of advice for writing a good proposal?
>

>         Please guide me on the above queries. Hoping for a quick reply.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Kanav Gupta.

Hi,

welcome!

Please subscribe to the list if you want to discuss on it (else I have
to approve each message you send and people in the list may forget to
add you in the reply).

We have a page for newcomers: http://gcompris.net/wiki/New_contributor
<http://gcompris.net/wiki/New_contributor.>which contains information on
what we expect for proposal. The easier way to get in the source and
contribute is to improve an existing activity or finding and fixing bugs.

You can reach us either by mail or in irc (#gcompris on freenode).

We have a phabricator page
(https://phabricator.kde.org/project/profile/1/) where we also list
various tasks to work on.

First step would be to compile GCompris, run it and check what you can
dowith it. You can try to find a task which you'd like to work on. If
you find bugs,you can also try to fix them.

The biggest part of the code is written in qml/jsso for sok, it would be
better if you already work with it because SoK is not long enough to
learn it during its 40 days.

If you prefer to develop an activity on your own, please provide us with
aproposal so we can tell you if it would fit on GCompris or if it needs
tobe improved.