Idea for adding a new activity to GCompris

Aman Gupta gupta2140 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 12:52:58 UTC 2017

Hello! I'm Aman Kumar Gupta, a 2nd year UG at IIIT Bhubaneswar, India. I've
been going through GCompris over a month and have come up with an idea
about an activity which i want to work on.
*Idea:*
This activity is regarding Solar System, which would teach kids about the
planets and their properties in our Solar System, like Planet's name, their
size, distance from the Sun, Duration of day and night there, time taken by
it to cover one revolution around the Sun etc.
*Way of presentation:*
The activity will consist of 2 levels. the 1st Level aims at teaching the
child about Solar System, rotation, revolutioin etc by showing pictures and
animations. And the 2nd level will be a quiz, where some questions will be
asked based upon what they've learned, in an interactive manner.
 Example- Which is the 5th planet in our Solar System etc. which would be
followed by 'n' options(depending upon the question) each and the child has
to drag the correct planet to the indicated position.

Any feedback/suggestion will be higly appreciated!
Thankyou!