Administration ?

JAZEIX Johnny jazeix at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 10:47:33 UTC 2017

Hi,

to complete Emmanuel's answer:

On 07/30/17 00:07, Jacques Bon wrote:
> Hello
>
> On the classic version, the -a option launches the administration interface, to manage users, groups, classes and profiles.

There is a beginning of the administration/server. It will be a program
besides the actual GCompris that would be able to connect to GCompris
instances via the network and administrate them.
It's still in a mock state and not usable (some info can be found at
https://annuel.framapad.org/p/GComprisNetwork)

> The -l option permits to launch a board as a standalone app. IE gcompris -l /computer/clickonme

There is one available task for it: https://phabricator.kde.org/T1596
but no-one has started it yet.

> The documents I spoke are in exemple, a spreadsheet with activity icons, to follow what boards are achieved by what pupil, or documentation purposes. I used to "recycle" GCompris graphics too, in paper printed school games like logical suites.

The images are stored inside the resources files, so you don't have them
directly in the installed package.
You can directly get the gcompris source in
https://cgit.kde.org/gcompris.git/ or
https://github.com/gcompris/GCompris-qt ("Clone or download" button)

Johnny