Import errors

Ütkarsh Tiwari iamutkarshtiwari at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 06:11:32 UTC 2016

Hi,
    I have figured the solution to my problem with help of Mr. Pulkit
Gupta. We tried the latest QtCreator installations on both Mac and Linux
and we followed the exact steps as mentioned in the GCompris documentation
but the build seemed to fail every single time. After enquiring from other
GCompris developers, I found out that most of them were using QtCreator
version-5.5.0 which was released in late 2015. So I downloaded the
QtCreator 5.5.0 version on both OSX and Linux and to our surprise the build
successfully completed.

This shows that the GCompris build has some incompatibility issues with the
latest QtCreator version (>5.5.0). We need to update this in the
documentation so that other newcomers do not face such issues and I would
also like to improve the existing Mac OSX tutorial which I had already
added.

Regards,
Ütkarsh Tiwari

--