Problems with Lubuntu 16.04 and GCompris 15.02.1

Flavio Airundo flavio.airundo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 00:09:47 UTC 2016

Hi all,
I installed GCompris 15.02.1 on Lubuntu 16.04. During istallation by apt
there was no error reported.
Started GCompris from menu. Games played from "computer activities" | "with
the mouse" : "clickgame", "clickanddrag", "erase".
The problems started playing "erase" (the other two games seem not to be
affected by the same problem).
After some screens at level greater than 4 (the problem appeared the first
time after playing some screens on level 6, but from level 4 too) a
sequence of problems starts:
1. the sound fx (eraser/rubber sound) stops playing
2. in the same screen, after the completion, a dialog appears
(screenshot_01.png) with the message: "failed to write to our database
'/home/<user>/.config/.gcompris/gcompris_sqlite.db' with error: unable to
open database file"
3. clicking on the screen another alert shows with the message "failed to
find or load file <filename>. This activity was not completed. Quit the
program and report the problem to the authors." (screenshot_02.png)
Sometimes the program ask for "computer.svg" file, sometimes for
"erase/sponge.png" file.
After clicking 3/4 times the esc key, the program return to the main panel
and let the user quit "gracefully" the program. Ctrl-Q works.

Flavio Airundo