[GCompris-devel] Preparation of release 0.60

Bruno Friedmann bruno at ioda-net.ch
Mon May 16 15:54:27 UTC 2016

On lundi, 16 mai 2016 14.24:38 h CEST JAZEIX Johnny wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's time for freezing the strings for 0.60, the branch has been created.
>
> The new activities are baby_word_processor and tangram (by Bruno
> Coudoin), explore_monuments (by Ayush Agrawal), graph_coloring (by
> Akshat Tandon), land_safe (by Holger Kaelberer) and photo_hunter (by
> Stefan Toncu).
>
> Timothée Giet updated images for chess and readingh/readingv activities
> along with the gcompris logo.
>
> Lots of little fixes/improvements have been done (storing and restoring
> the window's width/height at start-up, docbook updated, levels/images
> bonus, adding an internal dataset for words games...).
>
> There is still one bug for windows: on some versions (vista but not 7)
> GCompris does not find the opengl dll (which are supposed to be shipped
> with the executable... maybe we ship a too recent version of d3dcompiler?).
>
> Another good news, Bruno found a solution for running GCompris with
> Qt5.6 without any side effects.
>
> The versions can be downloaded at:
> * android:
> http://gcompris.net/download/beta/GCompris-Android-debug-armeabi-v7a-dl-0.60.apk
> * windows: http://gcompris.net/download/beta/gcompris-qt-0.60-win32.exe
>
> Feel free to test and report any issues!
>
> Johnny
>
> On 04/15/16 12:28, Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > With Johnny we would like to plan for a 0.60 release in about one month,
> > let's say 15th of May for a string freeze and the official release
> > somewhere in June when we are ready.
> >
> > If you have some pending activities that are close to be ready for an
> > integration it is a good time to make a last effort to have them
> > integrated in master.
> >
> > For now, the next release contains a few more activities: tangram,
> > explore_monuments, graph_coloring.
> >
> > Besides this, we have a new option to change the letter spacing and a
> > changelog windows that pops up after an upgrade. Timothée also updated
> > the logo and the chess images. We enabled again the particles effects
> > for all the platforms except Android.
> >
> > Translations have been completed for Belarusian and Romanian along with
> > the datasets.
> >
> > This time, my plan is to make it available on Windows. I will continue
> > to propose the Gtk+ version as a fallback for those who miss some
> > features but the default download will be the Qt version.
> >
> > Also, we will integrate the new Logo and use it in our communication..
> >
> > Bruno and Johnny.
> >
> > PS: Bugs that would be nice to fix for release:
> > - tangram, update the code to not have the Colorize having its parent as
> > source
> > - change the background color of baby_wordprocessor to see the
> > GCButtonStyle (we need to check where they are used and if it is still
> > visible)
> > - texts are too big in the menu and override their rectangle
> > - integrate some bonus from gci students?

Would you mind to create a tar.xz release for Linux ?
I would use 0.60 version update to be ready for mass, and thus push the packaging
to a boarder audience by trying to have it included first in openSUSE tumbleweed, and also
hit Leap 42.2 (next november).

a ping back here would be perfect.

--

Bruno Friedmann