[GCompris-devel] GSoC - ADD EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES TO GCOMPRIS (IN QT QUICK)

JAZEIX Johnny jazeix at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 07:51:18 UTC 2016

Hi,

welcome!

You can find information on the wiki:
http://gcompris.net/wiki/Developer's_corner.

If you want to develop, you have to clone the repository
https://github.com/bdoin/GCompris-qt, do a new branch and develop
(http://gcompris.net/wiki/An_exercise_for_new_contributors).

If you want to help with translations or by providing voices files, you
can either contact the kde i18n team in charge of your language or ask
us for the voices.

If you have ideas of activities or improvements to current activities,
feel free to share with us either using this mailing list or creating
bugs in https://bugs.kde.org/.

We have an irc channel (#gcompris at freenode, you can access it using
http://webchat.freenode.net/ for example) where you can also reach us.

For this year GSoC, the student application deadline for students is
tomorrow (https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/).
You can do a proposal, usually, students propose activities they'd like
to develop (either from the phabricator page, as we need to finish the
port of the Gtk+ activities or doing new activities), with a timeline.

If I'm not wrong, the GCompris in OLPC XO is the Gtk+ version?

Johnny