[GCompris-devel] Submitting Gcompris-qt to openSUSE

Bruno Friedmann bruno at ioda-net.ch
Thu Jul 28 06:02:12 UTC 2016

On mercredi, 27 juillet 2016 21.45:22 h CEST JAZEIX Johnny wrote:
> On 07/27/16 21:21, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
> > In the last miles to get gcompris-qt submitted to openSUSE mainstream
> > distribution I got the following comments
> >
> >> Comment:
> >>   The voice data has no directly obvious license (it's not in the
> >>   tarball,
> >
> > nor the github voicedata repo, nor the wiki page). Just lumping it
> > together
> > with something that does and pretend it's the same… let's say "we could do
> > better" :-)
> >
> >> Actions:
> >> - submit Education/gcompris-qt => openSUSE:Factory/gcompris-qt
> >
> > So I need your help to find a clear path about the licence for voices.
> > Any suggestions or ideas ?
> >
> > Regards
>
> Hi,
>
> I would say GPL3 looking at the tags in
> http://gcompris.net/wiki/Voice_translation_Qt#Tagging (vorbiscomment -w
> $f -t "ARTIST=<your name here>" -t "TITTLE=GCompris" -t "COPYRIGHT=GPL
> V3+" -t "DATE=2015") but it would be better to add a file in the
> gcompris-voices repository.
>
> Is it enough if I add a LICENSE file in
> https://github.com/gcompris/GCompris-voices zith the content of the GPL3?
>
> Johnny

I think having the licence clearly available also in the repository will
help. and your link to the wiki can justify it.

Now checking the voices repo (quickly) there's a lot of README (I've in FR and
IT) in which files are listed and licence added. Are we sure those file
contents are describing exactly whats in the folder ?

Sometimes Legal review are the worst to manage ;-)

--

Bruno Friedmann
 Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch