[GCompris-devel] Submitting Gcompris-qt to openSUSE

JAZEIX Johnny jazeix at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 19:45:28 UTC 2016

On 07/27/16 21:21, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
> In the last miles to get gcompris-qt submitted to openSUSE mainstream
> distribution I got the following comments
>
>> Comment:
>>   The voice data has no directly obvious license (it's not in the tarball,
> nor the github voicedata repo, nor the wiki page). Just lumping it together
> with something that does and pretend it's the sameā€¦ let's say "we could do
> better" :-)
>
>> Actions:
>> - submit Education/gcompris-qt => openSUSE:Factory/gcompris-qt
> So I need your help to find a clear path about the licence for voices.
> Any suggestions or ideas ?
>
> Regards

Hi,

I would say GPL3 looking at the tags in
http://gcompris.net/wiki/Voice_translation_Qt#Tagging (vorbiscomment -w
$f -t "ARTIST=<your name here>" -t "TITTLE=GCompris" -t "COPYRIGHT=GPL
V3+" -t "DATE=2015") but it would be better to add a file in the
gcompris-voices repository.

Is it enough if I add a LICENSE file in
https://github.com/gcompris/GCompris-voices with the content of the GPL3?