[GCompris-devel] Trying to build 0.50 with external qml-box2d

Bruno Friedmann bruno at ioda-net.ch
Sun Jan 3 10:37:30 UTC 2016

On Saturday 02 January 2016 06.33:03 Holger Kaelberer wrote:

> On 28.12.2015 15:47, Holger Kaelberer wrote:
>

> > I guess this is due to the qt_helper cmake stuff we use. I can reproduce this behaviour with OS
> > installed qt-libs on Ubuntu. The qt_helpers seem to detect the Qt5 plugin- and qml-dirs reliably
> > only for directory layouts that are provided by Qt's installers (on linux), e.g.:
> >
> > /mnt/ltmp/Qt5.5.1-android/5.5/gcc/lib/libQt5Qml.so.5.5.1
> > /mnt/ltmp/Qt5.5.1-android/5.5/gcc/plugins/
> > /mnt/ltmp/Qt5.5.1-android/5.5/gcc/qml/
> >
> > Debian/Ubuntu uses a different layout which is not handled correctly:
> >
> > /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libQt5Qml.so.5.4.1
> > /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/
> > /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/qt5/qml/
> >
> > This might also be the case on your distro (OpenSuse, right?) due to the lib64/ part.
> >
> > The qt_helpers try to derive the qml-base dir in hackish way from the LOCATION of the qt-libs.
> > That's obviously too simple for all installations. Will fix that soon ...
>
> http://commits.kde.org/gcompris/a33ff0300ce352e7b727e0c8e39b6cb5ebd16947 fixes this for me on Ubuntu
> 32bit. From what I found in Opensuse rpm-repos it should work also for that one.
>
> Let me know if you still have problems with that.
>
> Holger

My Best wishes for 2016

Holger, the patch has been tested and integrated now inside the package.

gcompris-qt 0.50 is now published for openSUSE 13.2 42.1 and Tumbleweed in the
Education project.

https://software.opensuse.org/package/gcompris-qt

People need to click on
   Show unstable packages
or
   Show more packages for unsupported distributions

Since the package is not yet in any final release.
We're looking now for brave to test the package, and report feedback
If I got good news (aka it's working as it should), I will propose
its inclusion in Factory so it will become a official package in Tumbleweed
and we will be able to include it in the next Leap 42.2 (November).

For sure all of this depend of the status, you upstream decide to give to
this package.

I still have to publish some news.

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

 openSUSE Member & Board, fsfe fellowship
 GPG KEY : D5C9B751C4653227
 irc: tigerfoot