[GCompris-devel] update in android compilation

JAZEIX Johnny jazeix at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 21:08:40 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I've updated the android compilation processus in the master branch.

KDE provides a toolchain to compile android application so we don't have
to use ours anymore!

A little drawback is that we need to install the ECM
(extra-cmake-modules) now to compile for android.
The advantage is that we don't have to handle the toolchain ourselves.

I've updated the wiki:
http://gcompris.net/wiki/Qt_Quick_development_process#Compiling_GCompris_for_Android.

There is a little change of name to do in the .bashrc file:

export ANDROID_NDK=~/Android/android-ndk
export ANDROID_SDK_ROOT=~/Android/android-sdk
export PATH=$PATH:~/Android/android-sdk/platform-tools
export Qt5_android=~/Qt5.5.1/5.5/android_armv7/

and to compile, now it is: cmake -DQt5_DIR=${Qt5_android}
-DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=/usr/share/ECM/toolchain/Android.cmake -Wno-dev
../gcompris_developers/ && make && make apk_debug

Feel free to test and tell if you face bugs, I only tested it on my
machine...