[GCompris-devel] gsoc 2016

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Sun Feb 7 09:10:07 UTC 2016

Le 05/02/2016 17:46, Johnny Jazeix a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> are there people willing to mentor for this year?
Sure, count me in.
> Also, we need to think of the subjects we can propose:
> 1) porting/creating activities: we still have some "important" missing
> (http://gcompris.net/wiki/Qt_Quick_Migration_status). We are close to
> the end of the port so it may be a good opportunity to boost it!
Yes, electricity and animation are the most wanted... and the hardest.

It is true that we are reaching the end of the port but we have a lot of
ideas in our idea list:
http://gcompris.net/wiki/Ideas_for_activities

At this stage we have to be more focused on content quality than volume.
Many current activities could be refined, have better animation, sound
effects, tutorials, ...
> 2) Porting on new platforms: I don't know if it is useful to look for
> Windows on tablets/Windows store for example
I got absolutely no demands for Windows tablets.
> 3) Admin part? I don't know if it is a good idea to have this as gsoc
> as it will need a lot of discussion to be sure we do what we need
I agree, we need to put this in place before we can call for students to
work on it.

> Feel free to propose more ideas if you have,
Now we can put ideas as Phabricators tickets and use them to refine the
ideas up to a point where they are ready to be implemented.