[GCompris-devel] GCompris refused on iOS

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Wed Feb 3 10:49:46 UTC 2016

Le 03/02/2016 09:48, roopesh shenoy a écrit :
> For backup, it's exactly like the link Bruno mentioned below - just
> setting an attribute after the file is saved. It works fine as we've
> tested ourselves for our own apps.
> //make sure this data is not backed up. NSURL* URL = [NSURL fileURLWithPath:fullPath]; NSError *error = nil; BOOL success = [URL setResourceValue:@YES forKey: NSURLIsExcludedFromBackupKey error: &error];
>
> Obviously you'll need the Qt equivalent of above and probably put that
> in some iOS-specific code block. But there should not be any need to
> change location of the saved files.
Hi,

I saw this but as Johnny pointed it maybe that using the CacheLocation
goes to a location that is not synced. This is easier for us than having
to call specific Objective C Apple API.

QStandardPaths::CacheLocation:
Returns a directory location where user-specific non-essential (cached)
data should be written. This is an application-specific directory. The
returned path is never empty.

QStandardPaths::AppDataLocation:
Returns a directory location where persistent application data can be
stored. This is an application-specific directory. To obtain a path to
store data to be shared with other applications, use
QStandardPaths::GenericDataLocation. The returned path is never empty.
On the Windows operating system, this returns the roaming path. This
enum value was added in Qt 5.4.

> For kids, Apple's policy is pretty clear - no links/in-app purchases
> without a parental gate. So if you want to keep the links active, they
> will need to open a parental gate every time (annoying, no doubt, but
> can't help it) before the link opens a browser.
>
> In many ways, I agree with Apple and Bruno on this - parents expect
> there to be no external links in "kids" category apps on iOS. Even
> copy to clip-board.
I agree with you except on the copy to clipboard, What it the rationale
behind it, do you have the Apple rule on it?

> A simpler way **might** be to have a kid-friendly web-view within the
> app - you click on these links, it opens the link within a webview or
> something that only shows white listed content; so if it's content
> from Wikipedia that is pre-whitelisted to be kid-friendly, show it -
> else don't?
Wikipedia is by far not kid friendly. So even if the page we link is
fine at one time it may become inappropriate in the future or it maybe
for some language and not others. A nightmare. Having a webview is also
a technical issue by itself.