[GCompris-devel] GCompris refused on iOS

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Tue Feb 2 22:11:06 UTC 2016

Le 02/02/2016 22:45, Karl Ove Hufthammer a écrit :
> Bruno Coudoin skreiv 02. feb. 2016 22:07:
>>
>> For the 24.3 they don't like our web links in our about box. We
>> already remove them when compiled in 'no download mode'. But I agree
>> we Apple that it is not a good idea to let a children 'escape'
>> GCompris and get on the Internet just by clicking a link in GCompris.
>> Even if our target links are fine, once in a browser you don't know
>> what will happens. I propose to remove all web links all together on
>> all platforms.
>
> I don’t agree with the proposal to remove all Web links on all
> platforms. It’s useful to have the Web links to Wikipedia in various
> activities. But it would be OK to (automatically) *disable* the links
> (i.e. make them non-clickable URLs) on *the iOS platform*, but leave
> them as normal links on other platforms.

Hum, we have to weight the pro and cons. Starting a web browser from
GCompris when a teacher or a parent consider the children in a walled
garden is too dangerous. We still display links and it is not so hard to
find them in most cases.

One trade of we can do it that a link click would copy itself to the
clipboard with a little tooltip explaining that. Then if the children
has access to a browser he just have to paste it. You like it?