[GCompris-devel] Preparation of release 0.60

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Fri Apr 15 10:28:51 UTC 2016

Hi,

With Johnny we would like to plan for a 0.60 release in about one month,
let's say 15th of May for a string freeze and the official release
somewhere in June when we are ready.

If you have some pending activities that are close to be ready for an
integration it is a good time to make a last effort to have them
integrated in master.

For now, the next release contains a few more activities: tangram,
explore_monuments, graph_coloring.

Besides this, we have a new option to change the letter spacing and a
changelog windows that pops up after an upgrade. Timothée also updated
the logo and the chess images. We enabled again the particles effects
for all the platforms except Android.

Translations have been completed for Belarusian and Romanian along with
the datasets.

This time, my plan is to make it available on Windows. I will continue
to propose the Gtk+ version as a fallback for those who miss some
features but the default download will be the Qt version.

Also, we will integrate the new Logo and use it in our communication..

Bruno and Johnny.

PS: Bugs that would be nice to fix for release:
- tangram, update the code to not have the Colorize having its parent as
source
- change the background color of baby_wordprocessor to see the
GCButtonStyle (we need to check where they are used and if it is still
visible)
- texts are too big in the menu and override their rectangle
- integrate some bonus from gci students?