[GCompris-devel] Plugin system for rcc

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Tue Sep 22 23:56:15 UTC 2015

Le 22/09/2015 00:02, smirnoff.al at gmail.com a écrit :
> IMHO, the matter the fact, that GCompris loads languages and  other resources direct from internet is quite unusual for kde application.

Hi,

Sure, we don't plan to change the way GCompris will be packaged on
GNU/Linux. We are looking at the specific issues that comes from the
mobile world and that we have to address.

We won't find a universal solution to this anyway and we have to be
flexible enough to handle the different types of installations. We could
try to categorize the different use cases :

- desktop: we already support this
- mobile (disk constrained): where to draw the line between shipped
content and online one and how to maintain the online side.
- offline (may be mobile, desktop or kiosk): need to provide a way to
provide a dataset even for mobile users having no net access.

We also have to consider the update scenarios, either full application
or only activities.

I don't have the solution, just trying to clarify our needs.