[GCompris-devel] Proposal for KDE-SoK

Ayush Agrawal ayushagrawal288 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 19:07:15 UTC 2015

 Hello,

I want to participate in this years Season of KDE under GCompris.
I have listed few of my ideas for new activities in GCompris which I will
be doing if i got selected in SoK program.I request the GCompris community
to please review my ideas and provide me with relevant feedback.

1. Monuments: I will take on my work which I presented i my demo activity
by adding new levels & improving the current ones. Some of my ideas for new
levels are like- Adding levels consisting of monuments from different
countries within a continent, & Monuments of some specific countries.
Here is the link of my PR of demo activity:
https://github.com/bdoin/GCompris-qt/pull/91

2. Object Classification: The user will be presented to do a classification
between real-life sizes of two or more objects. and Classification of their
shapes on the basis of their Areas and Volumes.
Taken from Ideas for activities page.

3. Prime/Composite: User will be presented with two buckets on the screen
labeled Prime and Composite respectively. And with numbers on the other
part of screen which they have to drag n drop in the respective baskets
depending on whether the number is prime or composite. With every correct
basket user will be awarded with positive points and with wrong basket some
points will be detected (in further levels).

I am an undergraduate student in my sophomore year of B.Tech in Computer
Science from The LNM Institute of Information Technology(LNMIIT). Up-till
now I have contributed on a bug on Marketplace, Mozilla. I am looking for
starting contributions in KDE. And GCompris can help me do that.
Here is the link to my bug.
https://github.com/mozilla/fireplace/pull/1467

Thank You,
Ayush Agrawal