[GCompris-devel] Preparing release 0.50 [balancebox]

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at gcompris.net
Wed Nov 4 02:59:23 UTC 2015

Le 03/11/2015 17:43, Holger Kaelberer a écrit :
> Hi
>
> On 01.11.2015 23:16, Bruno Coudoin wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I got the same issue on my different Android devices. You have to touch
>> the screen to wake the screen up again.
>
> Hm, which Android is this version?

Hi,

It is not related to the Android release, you'll see bellow.

>> More annoying, on one of my tablet I had it working perfectly. Today I
>> reinstalled it and the controls are inverted. Holger did you change
>> something that could create this issue?
>
> No, not that I know of. You mean inverted axes while tilting, right?
>
> Is that reproducible? I've seen inverted axes 1 or 2 times on my phone
> weeks ago but could not reproduce it anymore. Could you provide
> further information about the context?
This is always reproductible. It happens, when you pick the tablet on
landscape mode but inverted (up side down).

When we enter balancebox, we force landscape mode but it does nothing if
it is already in this mode, even if it is inverted.

It is easy for the user to fix it by moving the tablet up side down
again. When we enter this situation, the rotation is still accepted
until we enter the normal landscape orientation. Then the bug is solved.

I tried to find a way to detect and switch the screen automatically in
the correct position but failed miserabily.

> PS: I'm travelling this week and mostly don't have internet access. If
> you have issues with balancebox, feel free to deactivate it for the
> next release.

No problem, we can make it a last minute decision, for now we don't even
made a translation call.