[GCompris-devel] [gcompris][sok2015] Beginning of SoK

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 16:24:19 UTC 2015

Hi all,

first of all congratulations :).

You can find a quick guide to begin your sok at:
http://gcompris.net/wiki/GSOC_newcomers.
If it's not complete or you face issues that are not listed, feel free
to improve the page.

Once you are ready, you can add which activity you are doing/planning
to do in http://gcompris.net/wiki/Qt_Quick_Migration_status.
Don't forget to talk first with mentors/community to see how you plan
to do the activity. This way, we can give you advice on what can be
good to do/bad to avoid...

As you are a lot, some of your activity proposals are the same. I am
not sure if it will be possible to work in group for them (or even if
you would want or prefer to work alone) so we'll need to discuss for
these one how we handle them (probably one will need to take an other
activity).

It's not a race against time, the aim of sok is to have some new
activities that we can integrate, so even if you don't fulfill all of
the proposal, it is more important for us to have quality code over
quantity.

Also, for communication process, it would be great if you could update
from time to time (every month or activity) your blogs (and give us
the links) and add them to planetkde.

If you have any issue, don't hesitate to ask, either on irc, by mail,
to the mentors or the list.

I hope we'll have a good time :).

Aruna, Bharath, Bruno, Johnny & Sagar