[GCompris-devel] Why not do funding for gcompris unified graphics like krita did on a month to month basis ?

shirish शिरीष shirishag75 at gmail.com
Thu May 21 00:03:37 UTC 2015

addition at bottom :-

On 5/21/15, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I saw the flexible funding that Bruno did and also have seen the
> results but as was seen was much below the scale. One of the things on
> my mind is why can't gcompris apply or try having similar to krita.
> While they did whiz-bang with their latest on kickstarter see
> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/krita/krita-free-paint-app-lets-make-it-faster-than-phot
>  they also lead year around flexible funding goals with a feature or
> two and making 2-3 monthly releases. It has a bit of micro-management
> involved but as both (the fund-raiser and their backers) were happy I
> don't see any issues in gcompris following the same route. If there
> are modest goals and defined goal posts than there is possibility of
> having success as well.
>
> I don't remember whether this was in 2014 or 2013 but do remember
> krita using that strategy as well and being winner at that.
>
> Hope to see more activities getting unified graphics.

Forgot you have Timothee Giet. If it's the same Timothee Giet from
Krita then he would be able to share much more about the process or
share pointers to whoever did those modest funding goals things in
Krita. At the end, we want those unified graphics :)

Side Note - Have reminded the Debian maintainer to start packaging the
gcompris-qt as well to be in Debian and has been replied positively,
so hopefully will see it soon in the archive.

Till later.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल